This project involved the movement of approximately 197,278 CY of unclassified material, 10,000 SY of 9″ subgrade stabilization, placing 9,600 tons of 6″ limerock base course, laying 300 LF of storm drain, and 2,300 tons of asphalt paving.
Cleared and grubbed 53 acres, moved 173,700 CY of unclassified embankment, 520 LF of 6′ X 3′ reinforced concrete box culvert, 1,230 LF of storm drain, 150 tons of grouted rip rap, and 49 acres of seeding.
This project included clearing and grubbing of approximately 55 acres for the taxiway and borrow excavation area, relocation of two structures (tower and electrical vault), the movement of 380,000 CY of select borrow material, 51,000 CY of unclassified excavation, 412 LF of reinforced concrete pipe (15″ and 24″), 240 LF of 23″ x 36″ of arched reinforced concrete pipe, 29,000 SY of 6″ cement treated base, 27,000 SY of 12″ PCC pavement.
In short Eutaw’s scope on this project includes the demolition & removal of the existing Center Runway (13C/31C) at Columbus Air Force Base. The runway’s dimensions are approximately 2 miles long by 300′ wide. In addition to demolition of the existing runway, Eutaw was also responsible for excavation, grading, and placing the required stone in preparation for the runway to be re-paved. Also in Eutaw’s scope was installation of all required drainage piping involved with this project. See below for quantities.
- Overall Project Management and Project Superintendence
- Develop 91 Acre laydown yard, to include stockpiles of approx. 250,000 tons of stone and a concrete batch plant.
- Remove and stockpile 85,000 tons of Asphalt Paving
- Remove and stockpile 50,000 tons of Concrete Paving
- Over 100,000 CY of excavation and 333,000 SY of ingrade prep
- Installation of approximately 250,000 tons of stone
- Installation of approximately 40,000 LF of drainage pipe and appurtenances