In short Eutaw’s scope on this project includes the demolition & removal of the existing Center Runway (13C/31C) at Columbus Air Force Base. The runway’s dimensions are approximately 2 miles long by 300′ wide. In addition to demolition of the existing runway, Eutaw was also responsible for excavation, grading, and placing the required stone in preparation for the runway to be re-paved. Also in Eutaw’s scope was installation of all required drainage piping involved with this project. See below for quantities.
- Overall Project Management and Project Superintendence
- Develop 91 Acre laydown yard, to include stockpiles of approx. 250,000 tons of stone and a concrete batch plant.
- Remove and stockpile 85,000 tons of Asphalt Paving
- Remove and stockpile 50,000 tons of Concrete Paving
- Over 100,000 CY of excavation and 333,000 SY of ingrade prep
- Installation of approximately 250,000 tons of stone
- Installation of approximately 40,000 LF of drainage pipe and appurtenances